Friday 3 December 2010

I love contract upgrades!



I was due for an upgrade and got myself the HTC Desire HD for FREEEE! I love free stuff (who doesn't?).

Anyways..I'd given up on Android after my unsatisfactory experience with the HTC Magic. I hated the touchscreen keyboard (still do) and the laggy OS. But things have changed for the better! In fact a lot has changed with Android since then. The OS now runs smoothly, thanks to the HD's powerful 1GHz processor and 768MB RAM (full specs here).
The phone rocks an 8MP camera with 720p video recording. I think it truly trumps the iPhone 4 in every way. Yes, every damn way. Bigger screen, better camera and better OS.

Yes, the OS is better. I have used and tinkered around with iOS4 before and I must say it's smooth and user friendly and everything. But hey, lets cut to the chase. What do most iPhone users want to do with their iPhones when they first get them? Jailbreak. Why? To install homebrew apps that Apple won't allow on their Store. Well Android for that matter, is open source. Let me put it in an easier way for you -- Jailbroken iOS4 = Untouched Android Froyo. SO imagine what you can do with Froyo once you root it.

Rooting is basically the procedure of gaining SuperUser rights (admin rights) to the OS. You can do a hell lot more once you root your Android phone. Trust me on this. I've installed so many apps on my rooted phone that have extended the possibilities of the things I can do with it. It's really a lot more than I can ever do with an iPhone. And the camera is so good, I can actually use it as a scanner! It's just been a couple of days since I've had the phone but I'm already loving it more than the HTC Magic and the iPhone. Look forward to my next post where I list a few must-have apps that I really like!

Thanks for the upgrade, Vodafone!

Maneck

No comments:

Post a Comment