Monday 11 July 2011

How to install and use FaceTime successfully on your iPad 2 in the UAE

The first thing I was looking to setup when I first switched on my iPad 2 was FaceTime. But to my dismay, I couldn't find it! After a bit of Googling (They should make this an official word in the dictionary), I found that FaceTime had been blocked in the UAE and all the iOS units in the UAE were sold without FaceTime.

FaceTime is there in the firmware, just that during activation, it's blocked from showing up. Jailbreaking your iPad fixes everything.



Step 1: Add the iPhoneislam repo to your sources. It's http://apps.iphoneislam.com.

Step 2: Search for and install FaceTime Hacktivator.

Step 3: Restart your iPad.

This will enable FaceTime on your iPad but the problem is that UAE's network blocks FaceTime calls itself. Installing and enabling a VPN service on your iPad can solve that problem. You will now be able to make FaceTime calls as long as you are connected via VPN.

No comments:

Post a Comment